Sunday, July 20, 2008

For the complainers out there...

I have this friend who compulsively lets me know when that has been too long since I have updated. It doesn't matter if it has been a day or a month, it is always too long for this girl. Ironically, she only updates her own blog when I hack into her account and do it for her.

Anyways.

I just got done having a whole week off! It was quite something. I went all the way to the other side of the city and stayed at Sam's house.

We helped Nan (her grandma) run a week of VBS, and that was a good time. It really aided me in my ability to cope with the camp deprivation I am experiencing this summer. I miss camp. There, I said it.

Also, we had Sam's 3-year-old cousin Annie for the weekend. That was also a good time, although we were VERY tired by the time Annie's parents got home.

The BEST part was when we taught Annie to say "ridonculous" about things that are silly. The other best part was when Nan and Pa (Sam's grandparents) said it, except that they kept on saying "riduckulous." It was... well, ridonculous.

Stay tuned... the kids have some INCREDIBLE new toys that will certainly require reviews sometime this week.

(P.S. is it ridonculous or ridunculous? I can't quite figure it out, and have never effectively incorporated the word into my vocabulary due to my confusion on this matter of pronunciation.)

6 comments:

kinneyland said...

re-donk-u-lous
At least that what the cool kids in my house say.
We've had some fun this summer teaching little kids to say funny things too. I can't wait till we can manipulate, I mean, teach Adlai.
I'm sure crazy Aunt Nooksack will have fun with that too.

Anonymous said...

No no no... it's ridiculi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cassy said...

That horse looks like that elephant.

Ashley Ronnell said...

Yeah I think they must be cousins or something...

because I SAW creepy elefante in the storage room at the church!

VanillaRose said...

You were missed... ;)

Cassy said...

woah.