Sunday, July 06, 2008

28 Stories of AIDS in Africa by Stephanie Nolen

This book is SO GOOD. I read it maybe a month ago, then loaned it to Sam. I can't wait until she's done so I can read it again!

The book consists of exactly what the title says it does. Stephanie Nolen (who is also one of my favorite journalists) does an incredible job of presenting the personal side of the African pandemic, at the same time giving the reader a ton of information about what AIDS is, how it is affecting different parts of the continent, and what could be done to make things better.

So go read this book... then let's go to Malawi!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only read soo fast....well maybe it would go faster if i read it outside of work...but that is not gonna happen!

Anonymous said...

Where are you today? what did you do? you need to update. I got home from work and was sad that there was no new news for me, cause im sure you have some.

Have I ever told you i hate that word verification thing.

Ashley Ronnell said...

I'm such a selfish jerk, I mean, how could I leave you with no information whatsoever on what I did yesterday?!

You wanna know why I don't hate the word verification? Why don't you go check the comments on your own blog... there's a clue for you.

Anonymous said...

Weel Ashley, How did I knoew you did nothing yesterday...You went to the ZOO that is SOMTHING. is it not??
the word verification it sucks and they can spam that all they want i never check it..only you do. But i did delete it...

Ashley Ronnell said...

So are you saying that you expect me to tell you on the phone what I do all day, and then you want me to blog about it, too? You are deeeee-manding, woman!

Anonymous said...

Yes, well when I get off at midnight you want me to call you. Is that what you are saying? What if something had happened in the time that I talked to you and when I get home...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Ronnell said...

You should have posted that comment one minute earlier...

Maybe I wasn't even home yet at midnight since I lead such an exciting life!