Sunday, December 09, 2007

mustard seed

I went hiking yesterday with about 20 guests of Mustard Seed, a street ministry in Calgary. Can I just tell you about a great act of generosity?

Yes, we went for a hike and, yes, it was very cold. So, a guest bought coffee (or tea, or hot chocolate) at Tim's for everyone on the way back. A GUEST. Guests are people who are either homeless or transitioning out of homelessness. This guest does have a job and had been paid the previous day. He wanted to use a chunk of his paycheck to buy warm drinks for a group of cold people. I think that's a great act of love.

Mark 12:41-44

3 comments:

Cassy said...

What a great story!

Do you go to the Mustard seed often?

Ashley Ronnell said...

It was actually my first time doing anything there. But it was so good that I just emailed them and told them to call me whenever they need any help with anything. They've got so much good stuff going on!

kinneyland said...

Very cool story, thanks for sharing it.