Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Parentheses

It has been raining all week, so we have been having indoor recess. For this, I simply walk up and down the halls monitoring classrooms.

Today I passed by the 5th grade classroom to see one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. A kid got his sweatshirt stuck on a bracket of his braces. A lower part of the sleeve. I have no idea how it happened, but it was very stuck. So he was just helplessly standing there with his arm dangling from his mouth.

I felt quite heroic as I pushed through his crowding classmates to carefully pull his sweatshirt off of the bracket.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get why it is called parentheses...

Ashley Ronnell said...

Hm. It was my attempt at being funny and clever. Does anybody get it? Darn, I thought this might happen.

chelsea rae said...

no man it was golden...i laughed. the other day i was saying that in my head..."bracket, parentheses, bracket, parentheses..." and i even tried to have that little bit of lisp that the kid had!

Cassy said...

I got it too... ha!

Anonymous said...

i knew that....