Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ready, Break!

Since I have to work all weekend, tomorrow is the last day of my five day reading break. I accomplished a small amount of reading, an even smaller portion of which was for school. I spent a good amount of time watching the Olympics in my sweatpants. I spent some time with some of the people who I have not been able to see much of because of my otherwise busy schedule.

To kick off my break, I went to a Valentine's Day party on Sunday night after work. That's right people, I went to a social event and it wasn't even because Sam dragged me along (she was on practicum that day). We played Battle of the Sexes and, even though us girls lost, I got to surprise everyone with my knowledge of the cultural sporting event that takes place in Pamplona, Spain.

One of the interesting things that has been weaving its way through my week is a bit of graphic design work, which is really fun. I'm creating a logo for a guy I know who is just starting to get into event planning. It's not a paid job, but I'll get into some concerts for free. Plus, graphic design is really fun! I haven't had much time for creativity since school started, so it was a nice addition to the week.

1 comment:

Kwabena Hene Koduah said...

Nice to Know you are having fun being creative.Let me know if you need any help.