Friday, February 12, 2010

Days off?!

I'm a little busy. It's a little different than my usual carefree pace, but it seems good.

I'm a full-time student again. I'm studying math, rocks, and history this semester. I love math!

I got a job on campus (that's the only place I'm legally allowed to work right now). I like it so far. I work with some fun and diverse people.

The lady who trained me is the cutest Polish lady I've ever met. Not that I've met many Polish ladies, but she's great. Her name is Jadwega, and if you can pronounce that right on the first try then you are doing better than I am. She is a super-cashier and knows pretty much everything there is to know about our small store.

I also have a friend at work from Ghana, so I am being called obruni once again. That's Twi, one of Ghana's national languages, for white person. It's fun to talk about Ghana and the places we've both been. I can't wait until the FIFA World Cup rolls around so we can cheer for Ghana.

One of my bosses is a total goof, which makes things fun. The other day I looked into the kitchen and he was serving food with the head of a mop under his hat, like a wig. It looked so funny.

Hmm... what else? I spend ridiculous amounts of time on the bus/train. It takes about an hour and a half to get to school/work, which makes for about three hours a day in transit. I don't mind, but some nights I am only home for seven hours. That does NOT leave enough time for sleep.

But this week I am on reading break. I have to work tomorrow and Sunday, then I have five days off to get ready for midterms and just relax. I think those five days are exactly what I need to recharge for the last eight weeks of winter semester. Yay!

4 comments:

kinneyland said...

Did you see Ghana has one athlete in the Olympics this year? I thought of you and could almost hear your cheering.

arbyn said...

Celia stole my comment.

Ashley Ronnell said...

I did see! And I did cheer! Then I thought, that guy must not spend much time in Ghana if he is an alpine skier.

Kwabena Hene Koduah said...

Snow leopard. Worked with the original team that created his first website. Haven't had time to watch the Olympics though.Will be looking out for him when i do.

Yep he does not spend much time in GH. But he's petitioning to the Government to build a ski slope in GH.