Monday, August 04, 2008

The Land of Opportunity

On Thursday we woke up in America, Maple Falls to be exact. We didn't do anything in Maple Falls because, well, it is Maple Falls. There is nothing to do there. Instead we went down to Lynden and took my brother for lunch at the Nuthouse Grill. Too bad Troy wasn't there to steal another bucket. It was fun, we threw nut shells at my brother and I got to drink real American iced tea. Afterwards we dropped my brother off at his job at the golf course. I think his job is to clean the golf carts but, really, I have no idea.

Then we were off to Bellingham to do some shopping while we waited for Austin to get off work. Sam got an alien t-shirt and I got an orange hoodie. We picked up Austin in Lynden, then went back to Bellingham to feed the child at Costco. We met my mom there and went to see my sister and Tony (her boyfriend) at their new apartment. Hahaha, my family is crazy (isn't everyones?) but it was a fun time seeing all of them at once. After that we went home, kicked Austin out of the big bed, and went to sleep.

Friday was our driving home day, but first we lit off some explosives. Sam, being Canadian, had never lit off fireworks before. We couldn't do it the night before due to rain, so we just did it in the daylight. Haha, kind of lame but still fun. When we were done blowing things up, it was time to leave. We took my brother for more food in Sumas, said goodbye to my mommy, and returned to Canada. I had to stop at House of James before we could leave. On Wednesday I bought myself a deck of Dutch Blitz card and, lo and behold, the blue plows were missing a card! Unbelievable! Not only that, several of the cards were all wonky and misaligned! So I got a new deck and all was good.

Then we started our drive home. It was already closing in on 3pm at this point, and we didn't get home until around 2am Calgary time. The drive home was semi-brutal... we were tired before we started. But we took lots of turns in the driving/sleeping rotation and it really wasn't that bad. We had Sam's iPod and a bag of gummies, what more can you ask for? The gummies were "assorted" so Sam made me line them up on the dash so she wouldn't get any surprises.

Anyways, we made it to Calgary and unloaded my sewing machine and the table that goes with it. Oh yeah, I got a sewing machine, by the way. I inherited it when my great-grandma passed away, and going to get it was kind of the point of this trip in the first place. But yeah, we did that and then Sam drove home and it was bed time.

The End.

1 comment:

eric b. said...

Whoa Whoa Whoa:

"Sam, being Canadian, had never lit off fireworks before."

Where, exactly, was Sam the night at CLBI when I brought out my stash of fireworks/firecrackers and lit them off for an hour or so by the giant cross?!?

Some Canadians have firework experience!