Saturday, August 02, 2008

Enchanting!























The Enchanted Forest was everything I hoped and dreamed it would be. It was such a challenge not to stop again while driving back to Calgary yesterday! Which brings me to my next point: Sam and I did not ONLY go to The Enchanted Forest! I know, you must be so shocked!

We continued our journey and ended up in Abbotsford, where we found Cassy and took her away for coffee and cheesecake. Man I love cheesecake. When our bellies were full, we went back to Cassy's house and played Dutch Blitz with Cassy and John-Mark (Cassy won... weird!). Then we set up our tent in their living room and slept there on Monday night. It was great fun.

Then on Tuesday we kidnapped a few of this year's camp staff for their family camp time off. A couple of weeks ago we had an anonymous ransom note delivered to them telling them that they would be taken away during their time off. Then we sent them a phone message with further instructions. They claim that they knew it was us. "Who else would make us start walking down Shook Rd. for our time off?" they asked. Anyways, we had a good ol' time eating Vietnamese food in Abbotsford, eating candy by an old mine, and eating ice cream at Costco. Basically all we did was eat, it was awesome.

We slept in the girls cabin at camp on Tuesday night (it was family camp). Haha, all the new staff must have been thinking "who the heck are these people and why are they sleeping in our cabin?"

On Wednesday we woke up and went to Abbotsford to have lunch with pregnant friends. I had lunch with our friend Kyra and Sam had lunch with Kortney. Then we went back to camp to take Megan (she is this year's assistant program director) away from camp. The three of us went to the fireworks with our friend Deb (camp secretary) and they were AMAZING. The fireworks show in Vancouver is called Celebration of Lights. They do it for three nights with a different country hosting each night. We saw the show hosted by China and it was AMAZING. Smiley face fireworks?! Are you kidding me?!

After the show we went back to Mission to drop Megan off at camp, then drove to my mom's house in the States. It was late and we were TIRED. Haha, I'm surprised we didn't start fighting at that point. But we made it up to Maple Falls where my mom lives and managed to find ourselves a bed to sleep in.

I will save the American half of our trip as well as the journey home for another post on another day.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I always thought it was called the Symphony of Fire? weird.

Anonymous said...

all about eating, eh...i know how that goes

Ashley Ronnell said...

Jen, I guess a different company does it now, so they had to change the name.

Gen... well yes, we do know how that goes. I'll be back from Brazil on the 22nd, wanna come pick me up for an eat-fest?

eric b. said...

yeah, cause in canada nothing can be sponsered by cigarette companies anymore.

It used to be the "Benson and Hedges Symphony of Fire"

Now its the "HSBC Celebration of Light"

Same boom, different name!