Sunday, September 02, 2007

Flashback!

One time, I went to this free movie screening in Seattle. It was for the movie Ray. Good film.

Anyways, I was supposed to meet a friend at the theater downtown but I couldn't find her. It was ridiculously crowded and I was one of the last people in.

Anyways, my friend didn't get in and she assumed that I also didn't get in, so she went to hang out at my apartment.

Meanwhile, I was watching the film. It ended pretty late and I had to get back to the University District from downtown, but I grabbed some late night grub before making the trek back. I probably got in around 1am... ish.

When I got back, there were a bunch of people hanging out at my apartment and I couldn't figure out why. Then they got all excited when I walked in the door.

What happened is this: they assumed that I was left for dead in a downtown alleyway because I didn't come back home right away. They had called the police and were in the middle of calling all of the hospitals in Seattle to see if I had shown up somewhere.

Some of you may know that I am a wanderer. I often meander off for hours on end without telling anyone where I'm going, mostly because I don't really know where I'm going until I realize that I've been gone for awhile and should probably be getting back. Having just moved to an exciting new city, I am especially prone to wandering.

After the whole police/hospital calling ordeal, my friends made me get a cell phone. Maybe I'll just proactively go get one right now. Before someone thinks I'm dead or something. Speaking of phones, I should probably call my mom. Hm, this post is turning into a to do list, so I think I'll say goodbye now.

1 comment:

Cassy said...

If you get a phone, then I can call you. On your phone. From my phone. Free long distance and everything.