Sunday, June 13, 2010

Where'd they put my bus stop?!

Excuse my negativity, but getting to work/school SUCKS! I have to take two busses and a train to get there and it typically takes about an hour and a half. Well, it used to take an hour and a half.

They are extending the train line so that it goes near my school/work. Isn't that awesome? I would think so, too, if it was actually going to be finished sometime before I graduate. I guess it WILL be awesome in the future, but for now it is a pain.

The construction for this train line has closed the bus terminal that I used to get off at. The change makes it so that after I get off the bus, I have to take a half hour walk to get to school/work. Walking in the sunshine has been enjoyable these past couple of days, but I doubt it will be fun when it is -40 degrees out. My transit time since the change has averaged about two hours one way. Oy!

Dealing with the inconsistent transfers, the long walk when I am dead tired after a day of work, and being late for work if something goes wrong along the way are the sorts of things that put me in a grumpy mood. I hate being grumpy! (I know, who doesn't?)

I know, my attitude is terrible. I have to get creative and find ways to make the most of it. Any ideas?

Well, I should probably go meditate on I Thessalonians 5:16-18 for awhile and see how it goes tomorrow. Bye!

2 comments:

Kwabena Hene Koduah said...

you can use the time to learn a language? how about mastering your Portuguese? load up some lessons on your mp3player? get some reading done(read ahead of a class if possible)? or update your blog on a regular (from your phone,or type on your phone transfer later)?
i recently got myself a notebook to put down ideas and sketches when i am in transit.

Ashley Ronnell said...

Yes! I forgot I have like 150 Portuguese podcasts I could listen to. Hene, you should come and be my neighbor so you can always give me good ideas.