Monday, August 24, 2009

Fight or flight?

Today I came face to face with the fact that I might be leaving here really soon. Instead of a study permit, I have been given an interview time where I will have the chance to show whether or not I have sufficient funds to be a student in Canada. The interview is not until September 17, which is after school starts. My savings account is not all that impressive and I fully expect to be rejected for a study permit on those grounds. I should be more optimistic than this, but I'm not having an optimistic sort of day.

I could do everything in my power to stay here in Calgary even though I'm almost sure I can't stay here as a student. I might be able to find some sort of job here and get a work permit, I don't know.

I could go back to the states and find a job. That seems like the easy answer but it is also the answer that I hate. I love it here and am really torn up by the prospect of leaving.

I don't know what to do and I'm kind of a mess.

1 comment:

arbyn said...

Thanks for keeping us posted.

You know, there was this one time in Amsterdam where 20 of us didn't have enough money for our missions trips with YWAM and we prayed and the preacher asked us all to give what we could into the offering. Everyone in the crowd was going on a missions trip and most of the people were short for their trips.

Well, long story short, people gave what they could and everyone had enough to go on their trips. It was absolutely unreal. I still can't figure out where that money came from.

All I'm saying is, sometimes we reach the end of our means before we really see who's providing for us.

Hang in there.