Monday, July 06, 2009

Oh Well

So, this friend of mine suggests new places that she and I should go on vacation just about everyday. I like to humor her (and myself) a bit because it really would be nice to get away, but the conversation usually ends with her saying something along the lines of, "you need to get a job that pays big money."

She will typically start off suggesting grand getaways. "Oooooh, let's go on this 10 day cruise of the Caribbean!" or "Let's fly to Greece and lounge around the Mediterranean for a week!" I don't even ask how much things cost anymore.

I counter this friend's incessant travel temptations by compulsively entering contests where the prize is a trip... somewhere. I don't really care where. Or what. One of the contests is for fans of some video game I've never heard of. You "get" to go see the studio where they make the games, which might be interesting for about 5 minutes. I'm so desperate that I would gladly travel.... somewhere.... to look at some video game studio.

Anyways, I really am itching to get away. Part of the problem is I can't even leave Canada until my study permit shows up. I'm channeling positive energy into the mailbox, hoping it will come today (I'm not sure what that means). I have trouble praying that it will come today, because I really just want the study permit to come when God wants it here, even if it psyches me out a little bit having to wait so long.

7 comments:

kinneyland said...

I can take you as far as Winnipeg.

Cassy said...

Come hereeeee!

Sam said...

WELL NO there is some standards. 1. there MUST be a beach for me to sleep on. 2. we must not travel and visit the whole time. 3. it has to be in Canada. 4. Must be cheap.

I think we might just go to Harrison for a few days then if you want to see us you must drive to see us. Is that fair?

Ashley Ronnell said...

I give that idea two thumbs up, Sam.

Cassy said...

Fair to me? Hmmmmm.... ok!

Let me tell you though.... Kits beach has been named #3 sexiest beach in North America.

Just sayin.

I hear you on the "visit" vs. "vacation" thing, though. There is a difference.

Ashley Ronnell said...

We are NOT looking for sexy! Actually we might end up staying in a very unsexy retirement area at Harrison...

Visiting is great, but with all the driving around and staying in different places, it just isn't very relaxing. I know how very disappointed you and J-M will be to not have us set up the tent in your living room again, but I think we will all be OK in the long run.

Kwabena Hene Koduah said...

I understand how you are feeling Ash.

I would do anything to be in Japan rightnow (sometimes any where other than here, but Japan preferably).

But i have work commitments that have tied me down. Oh, and finances that have put me on lock down.