Monday, October 08, 2007

Figured that one out.

I don't like eating breakfast right when I wake up. Today I tried eating breakfast right when I woke up. I remembered why I don't like doing it. I really suck at thinking in the morning.

Today I woke up around 9am. The first thing I did was drag myself upstairs and into the kitchen because I wanted a bowl of cereal. So far so good. I grabbed a glass out of the cabinet to hold the milk. Then I stared at the glass for a moment. Nope, wrong choice. I put the glass away. Bowl. Right choice. I took the milk out of the fridge and pour some into the bowl. Hm. That doesn't seem right. Just so you know, bowls of cereal typically work better when you put the milk in last. Then I opened the cupboard to get the cereal. Seven different options. Nope, six. One of those is a box of Goldfish. I just stood there for awhile frowning at the variety until I figured out that one of the options was LIFE, my favorite cereal. So, I poured the cereal into my bowl of milk, got a spoon, and ate my breakfast.

It was by far the most stressful part of my day.

4 comments:

kinneyland said...

Maybe you should make a less complicated breakfast, like an orange.

chelsea rae said...

hey...we can't come tomorrow...i am the saddest i have ever been, b/c too many ppl have a service to do thurs night so we might just go the edmonton show...saddest ever!

Anonymous said...

Ashely. why does breakfast have to be so HARD to make/eat??? really i think that same day i had a AWFUL breakfast experiance...it was just BAD....i went threw 3 end of the cartons of milk and the last of the box of cereal...i was SOOOO sad...

Ashley Ronnell said...

Celia, you're absolutely right. Maybe I should even cut them up the night before so that the peels don't frustrate me.

Chelsea, I just emailed you about why I can't make it up tomorrow, so we have something in common.

Sam, we are way better off eating camp yogurt and having Jack bring us coffee every morning. The 2 hour morning routine. Those were the days.