Friday, August 04, 2006

Businesswomen! At Summer Camp?!

My first ever business venture is successfully underway. It goes like this:

Sam and I take a weekly drive to the United States of America and buy as much brown cream soda as possible. When we return to camp, we both start drinking a lot of the delicious beverage. Since we are clearly the two coolest people at camp, everyone else starts trying to get their hands on some of our goods. Because they want to be cool like us. They eventually find that it is not from the canteen, but from our own special supply. And the, BAM! The kids are willing to fork out whatever we ask for a can. Since we are honest businesswomen, we sell for a reasonable price of 75 cents. It's going quite well, I have to say. We also have Red Vines, Butterfinger BBs, and Uh-Oh Oreos available in exchange for brief stints of slavery.

See Cabin 0 if interested.

14 comments:

arbyn said...

do I have to pay in American currency? Because I think I spent all my quarters in the vending machine...and I know I gave my last three one dollar bills to Trevor (irrelevant, you don't know him) for gas money.

Just saying, cuz I'd have to go to the bank.

Anonymous said...

what can I say we are AMAZING!!!

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

i love red vines! you better have enough in stock for when i come to visit!

kortney said...

I just want them for free. I'm so cool you should give them to me for free.

Ashley Ronnell said...

Canadian currency works and nobody gets anything for free. Yes, there is the occasional discount to people we like. And, yes, there are some people who are building up quite a tab.

We still have approximately 2.5 pounds of Red Vines left.

Anonymous said...

We are geeks again!! What more can we ask for really....laptop party in a hallway and maybe we can go to a nerd convention next weekend...anyone what to come with us?

Ashley Ronnell said...

STOP LETTING PEOPLE KNOW HOW LAME WE ARE.

Anonymous said...

But we are so lame it is kind of funny!! NO??

kinneyland said...

Um, so you are by-passing the canteen? So kids can have more candy then they should and this is encouraged by the 'nurse'? Plus, kids aren't suppose to have cash, there are so many things wrong with what you are doing that I think my head will explode
Do you have any twizzler sours? In the states they have three flavors, Canada only offers one...what a gip

kortney said...

I'm coming to summer camp.

Tabby said...

Nook and Sam....
can i come to the convention?

call me


rexy for president

Anonymous said...

The goods in cabin 0 are only for staff...the kids do not have the ability to get more candy then they have from Canteen..what kind of nurse would I be...but wait I am not even a nurse so it does not matter maybe if they do get more sugar then they might get hyper and actually get hurt...we will have to test this idea out!

travelling hobo said...

ok, so I am super awesome and cool, and seeing as I have not been at camp for the last 2 weeks i figure you should share your goods with me for free, i mean really. You've missed me and you know it. see you soon.

Oh yeah, I wanna come to the lap top party too... anybody got a laptop?

Ashley Ronnell said...

I have a lap top. But I am always at the laptop party, so I will be using mine.