Tuesday, November 09, 2010

My Relationship With Meat

My relationship with meat is nothing like my relationship with coffee. Coffee is a lover with whom I rendezvous frequently, whereas meat is an ex-boyfriend who I never really liked in the first place. I was ready to end the relationship for a long time, I was just waiting for the right time.

Translation: I've been a vegetarian at heart for a very long time and only recently felt compelled to officially declare myself as such. (I think I'm actually a vegan at heart, but I'm still working on that one. Perhaps one day I'll tell you about my relationship with cheese.)

Not only is meat gross, it is less sustainable, environmentally evil, and not particularly healthy. Hooray for veggies!

1 comment:

Kwabena Hene Koduah said...

For me, i love fish. I don't know what it is. I just love it,one of the things i like about Japan that drew me to the culture is that, fish is a staple.

However i think fish for human consumption should be cultivated and not caught in the wild. In Ghana some(most actually) fish found in the markets are from fish farms.I don't know why most developed countries don't cultivate their own fish (Japan included). They are running out of stock in their waters and they are like "What's happening? the sea creatures are eating all the fish?".

Note: i don't consider dolphin, Whale and other aquatic mammals as fish and i wish most people would stop.